Thursday, July 01, 2004

Arapahoe Phil! Who'da thunkit?

A quick update of today ('cause I posted yesterday). School and work were fine. Actually, I'm starting to really enjoy work since I get to do programming that is not only slightly challenging (okay, I'm out of practice), but also fun and useful. I think this is the happiest I've been with a job, ever. Then, after work, I went down to the summer concert rehearsal for the Arapahoe Philharmonic, which was a lot of fun. We're playing some pieces that I already know (Carmon Dragon's America the Beautiful and some other guy's The American Frontier, though I don't like that one very much), and some other neat stuff, such as Spiderman (themes from) and a medley from Johann de Meij's Lord of the Rings (Symphony No. 1), which is not the music from the movies but is muchfun anyway. And, Millie said that I should audition for the group come August. But. It rehearses on Tuesdays, and, to be honest, there's a perfectly good group up here right now called Timberline, which I used to play with but had to quit because I didn't have time, that also rehearses on Tuesdays. Now, if I were only working, yeah, no problem, I would do both (minus the conflicting rehearsels) plus Mostly Strauss plus Brighton. The thing I'd have to worry about is the concerts clashing. But. I'm going to be going to school, not to mention involved with PhiSig and DelPhi, the GSA (some), possibly work and who knows what else once the year actually gets going. So, I'm thinking I may have to decline, at least for the time being.

Nothing much else to report. The concert is on Sunday, email me or comment (with your email) if you want directions.

No comments:

The City Born Great - How Long 'Til Black Future Month?

The second story in N. K. Jemisin's anthology How Long 'Til Black Future Month? , "The City Born Great," is an exciting ta...