Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Basic and Essays and Space probes, oh my!

Hi all!

Just got done with my final composition for my french class. Coming in at just over 530 words, it's one of the longer ones I've written. Which, in a way, is sad, because I often write much more here on this journal than I could in French. Of course, here I don't have to stick to a single topic, and I don't have to be terribly coherent, either.

Anyway, I got the incredible joy of working with (even more!) visual basic today. Fortunately, having the sample that Jim sent me, I'm now able to generally feel my way through the simple commands that I wish to use, and have managed to make a program which strips the excess information off of the data as well. So that's fun and exciting. Much more so than data entry. It's kinda refreshing to be working on a programming project again, even if it's rather simple.

In other news, the Cassini deep space probe entered Saturn orbit today. I was lucky enough (that is to say, my roommate took me along) to be at the open house at LASP to watch (on television) the guys at mission control at the JPL in Cali receive the data indicating that the probe did, in fact, make it to Saturn, through the ringgap, and so on. It was pretty cool, to be there when it was announced. I hope that I get to be a part of something like that someday.

Well, that's about it for now. I should see Farenheit 9/11, although I will state that I'm already against Bush (I was against Bush when he was put into office). Anyone interested in going with me?

No comments:

The City Born Great - How Long 'Til Black Future Month?

The second story in N. K. Jemisin's anthology How Long 'Til Black Future Month? , "The City Born Great," is an exciting ta...