Saturday, June 25, 2005

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Today was a restful day. We got up relatively late, nearly finished off the waffles (and had some with pineapple!), and played cards for a while before showers. We went in to town, and stopped at Lighthaus to get mom a Compactflash adapter and another memory card. Then, to Border's so Steve could post for his classes while mom and dad went shopping. After returning, some swimming before trying out mom's new toys and dinner. Some TV, then I worked on labeling my photographs for posterity. Now I'm writing this.

Two weird things today: first, I broke Steve's nail clipper while cutting my nails. And I don't mean operator error - the metal snapped! Anyway, I suppose it was an omen, because shortly thereafter, Steve tor his toenail. It was bloody. Poor thing. I think it hurts a lot. He's sleeping now, though. Will try to do some reviews tonight. Nothing in the papers (that I saw) about tourists being trapped by a lava flow. Forgot to check the USGS website, though. Unfortunately, Amy's shots didn't turn out.

That's all for now.

No comments:

The City Born Great - How Long 'Til Black Future Month?

The second story in N. K. Jemisin's anthology How Long 'Til Black Future Month? , "The City Born Great," is an exciting ta...