Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Geoffrey am passing again!

I am the greetest! Now I am leaving college for no raisin!

(As a sidenote: Now I am leaving X for no raisin is an almost completely unused phrasal template, or snowclone, as the Language Loggers call it, with almost zero variation [I saw a "I am leaving town for no raisin" and the slightly more amusing "I am leaving peel for no raisin"] and around 50 google hits total. This probably has more to do with Futurama's relative unpopularity compared to the Simpsons than any other factor. Shame, though. I like this one.)

Final college report:

Cumulative GPA: 3.273
Term GPA: 2.894 (A-, 2 Bs, B-, C)
Degrees (come graduation time): BA in Physics and Linguistics
Time spent: 4 years.

No comments:

The City Born Great - How Long 'Til Black Future Month?

The second story in N. K. Jemisin's anthology How Long 'Til Black Future Month? , "The City Born Great," is an exciting ta...