Sunday, May 30, 2004

Things turn out oddly sometimes... and they seem to generally happen for the best, so I'm trying not to be upset. It's frustrating, though. And I'm not angry, just kinda... disappointed. Sad. I've been kinda sad lately, not sure why.

Anyway, what happened today to set it off was this: for the second year in a row, the person I'd lined up to be my roommate for the next year backed out. Not sure why. I wasn't pressuring him this year like I did with the guy last year. I was actually planning to finalize stuff in July, and I guess I still will. I'll just find a nice single instead.

And it's not like I really want a roommate. I do like living alone, 'cause it means I don't have to put up with another person being messy or loud or in the shower when I want to be. I eat when I want and sleep when I want and it's good. But it is expensive. I can afford it, but still.

I suppose I should go check out some townhomes or the want ads for a place to stay... I could find a place off-campus that would be nice. Still, I really don't like moving in with someone I don't even know. And, after all, I did scare off my last roommate ;-) (Why in the hell did I bother filling out the roommate survey thing? They just stuck someone in with me at the last minute, 'cause that's when he showed up. Same deal with the one I have now, didn't even get any notice that I would have one! ARRGH!)

Maybe it's for the best. I'll be happier on my own, and this is probably true in terms of romance as well. I've met two guys I'd be willing to spend the rest of my life with and they're both really great and super cool and very straight. Sigh.

Then there's Andrew (not the Boss Lady, Jase), whom I do like but can't really see myself in a romantic relationship with. Which isn't to say that I'm not attracted to him, but, to me, we just don't seem to fit together that way. Maybe more time is needed. Bah. Here's to the lonely hearts' club, eh?

Anyway, I'm still trying to get the sheet music ready for The Mikado, unfortunately orchestra rehearsals start next week and I don't have the parts yet. There's no time left to order them, well possibly but I doubt the order could even be processed that quickly, which means I'll have to extract them by hand from a PDF that I found and cut and paste them into parts. There are 247 pages in the score. It is not going to be easy.

Ack, okay now I want to cry, so I'm going to stop for now. Be well.

No comments:

The City Born Great - How Long 'Til Black Future Month?

The second story in N. K. Jemisin's anthology How Long 'Til Black Future Month? , "The City Born Great," is an exciting ta...