Thursday, December 25, 2003

Well, I know it's a bit late, but Happy Solstice, and in about a half hour, Merry Christmas.

I played a candlelight service tonight (actually two). It was a good service. Nearly inspired me to join. Fortunately, I regained my senses in time. But there was a certain sense of community that I haven't quite found otherwheres. DLP is nearly there. I'm not quite sure what it needs. But I think it will come.

We finally got ahold of Eizo, who has agreed to do the gig, though he will not be sticking around afterwards for dinner. Poor guy. I wanna hug him and let him know it'll be okay.

Folks, also, if you're mentioned in here, even if I'm not very nice to you, then you need to remember that I still like you. I like folks even if I find what they do silly. And that's most everyone, including myself.

I also wonder whether I've been very Taoist lately. It almost seems like I want to coerce events into what I want, which strikes me as very un-Tao-like. Maybe I should just let Brandon and myself be and take whatever happens? The other side of that, though, is that I don't want to miss out on something like that because neither of us was willing to make a move.

Supposedly Kyonee and Papu have a blog on blogspot. I want to find it.

And, Scott just helped me remember that, "whether you swim with the current of the tao or against it, it still sweeps you along." So the answer to my question is: relax.

And happiness was regained in the student, and the Tao flowed onward.

Goodnight. Merry (freakin' ;-) Christmas. Love to you all. May peace be found in all of your lives.

No comments:

The City Born Great - How Long 'Til Black Future Month?

The second story in N. K. Jemisin's anthology How Long 'Til Black Future Month? , "The City Born Great," is an exciting ta...