Saturday, June 25, 2005

Monday, May 9, 2005

(photo by SLehr, 2005)
Well, here I am in Kona, Hi, again. As always, it's gorgeous here. This trip should prove to be an interesting one. Along with mom, dad, myself and Amy, we have Brenden, Amy's fiancé, and we will pick up Steve, my boyfriend, from the airport tonight. With six, it should be an adventure. But let me fill you in on what's happened so far.

Saturday, we (mom, dad, and I) got up ridiculously early at 3:30am and Amy drove us out to the airport. Fortunately, the flight to San Fran was uneventful, as was the much longer flight from there to Kona.

Ok, so the others just got back, and apparently Amy hit her head on the car. Ouch. I think she'll be okay, though.

Anyway, on the flight to Kona, I mostly read, though I did work a bit on one of the plays that Amy and I are writing. During the flight, I was sitting next to a group of cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. - 13 in all - who had decided to all come together to Hawaii. Pretty neat. After landing and getting the car and the luggage, we headed over to Quinn's for lunch, since it was only noon. Good food. The catch was Ono.

After lunch, we went over to the farmer's market and took a look around. There was an orchid show nearby, so we went there, too. So many types of orchids! Big, small, all colors... crazy. After that, we headed back to the car and came down to the Royal Sea Cliff and checked in. It's kinda a hotel, but the rooms are condos. It's pretty nice, although the pullout bed is pretty soggy. After a while, we went swimming. The RSC has two pools, a slatwater and a regular pool, though we're not convinced the saltwater is anything special.

No comments:

The City Born Great - How Long 'Til Black Future Month?

The second story in N. K. Jemisin's anthology How Long 'Til Black Future Month? , "The City Born Great," is an exciting ta...