ObjectiveThe purpose of this retrospective is to evaluate the progress I've made on my goals (1-, 5- and 10-year) and to see whether adjustments need to be made. I will also reflect on what I've done and whether there are patterns that need to be changed.
Goals so far
Good thingsI continue to spend a lot of time doing things with friends. I have a fairly regular D&D group at the moment, as well as semi-regular Gloomhaven nights with Nick. Trivia has slacked off a bit the past few weeks, but should pick up again as everyone's schedules normalize. I've been trying new things; for example, yesterday Nick, Ben and I finished our cutting boards that we started at I Made It Workshop, which is a wood shop downtown. Cody and I went to the Botanical Gardens in April, which was fun. I've been to a gateway party, finally (it was... okay), and a self-rope course. I've gone to more concerts and shows with various people including Brad & Matt, and I even went to the symphony. And, a couple times now, I've gone to Musical Mondays at Pride and Swagger, which is basically live showtunes karaoke (so great). I even sang once! (It didn't go well, but that's okay.) I've been reading a lot more lately, which is nice.
Most of the time I am content, but I have occasional bouts of loneliness.
Things to improve
- Although I marked time on my calendar for both composition and practice, I have utterly failed to do either one.
- I may need to change the time for this, perhaps putting it on a weekend morning.
- I would still like to locate a fairly regular FWB or boyfriend
- Although I have been going out more regularly, I haven't been meeting a ton of new people. I need to go to more different events where there are people I don't know. (I've done some, but not nearly enough). There are some meetups coming up that I know about, so I will try to go to those.
- In order to get a piece of music published, I need to
- Locate and vet music publishers
- Determine their publication requirements & what they're looking for